Saturday, February 13, 2010

"When God Says No"...

That was the topic of last Sunday's message at church. What do we do when God's answer to our prayers is no? Do we give up on Him? Do we give up on praying? Do we base our faith on our circumstances?

We all can relate to what seems like unanswered prayers. It hurts. It bends us in a way we don't like to be bent. I know what I've asked God for many times has not come through. The answer was no, and in some of those circumstances I see the reason why. I know if the answer was yes from God, I would have gotten hurt or my life would look very different now... For that reason, I am so thankful He answered no to my prayers... But some things that He's said no to I still don't see the reason behind. Maybe I will someday, maybe not. But I know I can rest in that. I had a conversation with a friend this week about Hebrews 6:19. "This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast and one which enters within the veil..."

So no matter what the answer is to our prayers, one thing never changes: we have an anchor in Him, a steady hope that we can cling to even in our hurts and uncertainties. I desperately need that anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read my thoughts, let me read yours!