Monday, January 24, 2011

Poetry Session 4: "Flight Dare"

"Flight Dare"
by Lindsey Adare
Written December 2010

"I can feel it---the shaking in my spirit.
The burn for risk, yet desire for safe.
As the way of eagles, the nest is disassembled,
And this bird is left perching on thorns,
When the sky is the limit, when fear baffles...

Do I dare trust my own wings?

I hear whispers---my soul shivers,
"How is the bold afraid?" I ask,
When the Trusted One gives a dare.
I doubt, argue, question, diminish.
Surely I can't be ready for this?

Do I trust the wings I was given?

Yet a rumbling soul---it takes control,
And at this I know what needs to come.
I go, jump, leaving thorns behind...
Laughing: daringly agreeing the challenge.
Flying: I was created for this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read my thoughts, let me read yours!