Monday, January 25, 2010

Israel and the Freedom Command


Me with Israeli Border Patrol in the Golan Heights, Nov 2009

As promised, I will now tell the story about how God pushed me further into becoming more free as as His child. He had been working on me for a long time about letting go and taking off my mask I used to put on. When I thought I had gotten to a place where I needed to be in that lesson, He pushed me even further over the edge. (That's one thing I love about Him... He doesn't let us settle.)

I was riding on the bus with my group in the Golan Heights, looking out my window over the battle ruins. I kept thinking about how many battles had been fought in that area of Israel, and how much the people of Israel have to fight for their freedom to keep their Land... It made me feel so ashamed. How many times had I taken freedom in my country America for granted? And then I thought how free I felt in Israel. It is an extra freedom feeling my soul encounters there. It was then as we were riding through the mountains that I asked God a question. "God, you know I've been in Israel before... What else do you want me to know that I will take back home with me?" The answer came. He said in my heart, "Take the freedom you feel here and take it back to America."

Whoa. I knew that would not be so simple. It would be a process. I asked Him what He meant exactly, and He began bringing different things to mind. One was my personal life. He was pushing me to become even more free, and He told me that He would show me what that looked like. (And He has!) Another large part of all that is still in the making... and I believe that a huge part of it is awakening people here in America. One way that can be done is by praying against complacency. I just want to be used by Him in big ways. I crave to be part of His plan in what He is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read my thoughts, let me read yours!