Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ache and Social Injustice

(photo found from a website online)
My hurt aches for injustices that exist in our world... Lately I have been doing more studying about the cruelty of human trafficking and how much of a problem it is in America. (Yes, our own country.) Sunday night I watched Human Trafficking, a 3 hour long movie that takes you into what is reality to many thousands and thousands who are trafficked... Man, did that hurt.

The cold hard truth is that I can't imagine having everything taken away like these people experience. They are real people, not just a sad face in a picture or commercial. Statistics show human trafficking is the fastest-growing criminal industry in the world... There is an extremely large number of victims being trafficked every year. Many are unaware this is happening or simply do not know much about it. But it happens, and it happens in the world around us. How long will this continue to worsen? It breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read my thoughts, let me read yours!