Sunday, April 25, 2010

Moments With God

~Rain is so cleansing... It's a beginning. A healing. A fresh wash of gentleness exploding into dynamic song.~

At 6:30 this morning... Sitting on my front porch watching the sun rise through the freshly-rained-on glistening trees, I asked God for peace over my life like I have time and time again. Then, a pang of guilt hit my gut, followed by a feeling of perspective and responsibility... I should be more grateful for what I have, rest in it, then give it away.

It goes like this... So many times I ask God for peace over my life, then it hit me that I have an overflow of peace that He has given me, and compared to many stories and paths people walk through, I have an over-flow of this peace. It hit me that I've put much effort in praying for peace in my life and have received much, so now I must put much effort in praying for peace over the lives of others. When God gives an abundance, there is responsibility to also give from that over-flow, like fresh water being poured from a pitcher so more can drink.


Perspective: the deep, heart-felt recognition that there is so much more past my world. I want to give. I want to live fully, with the full perspective. Peace be on your life, whoever reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read my thoughts, let me read yours!