Friday, December 24, 2010

Poetry Session 1

I have always loved writing, but have kept my poetry tucked away in old notebooks. Some are really private as many times I write the very essence of what is going on in my heart, and it would seem weird if I knew it was public... It would be like my soul was naked. But I've decided to put a few on this blog for the heck of it. These are glimpses of my real life, feelings I have felt. They are more like journal entries... This first one is older, from a season of intense questioning of myself during a very insecure time. Part of me cringes to put this up... but whatever. It's honesty from where I was in my thoughts.

"Questions"
by Lindsey Adare
Written in Early Fall 2007


Helpless or helpful?
Potential or ruin?
    Shiny, sparkling with light...
Or dull?


Do I hide my own light?
Is my mouth covered
    that my voice cannot be heard?
Blend in, or stand out?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Now that you've read my thoughts, let me read yours!